YOU CHOOSE THE DONOR, WE DO THE REST.
If you are looking for a way to bring joy to other’s lives and become a part of a community by helping intended parents in Colorado fulfill their dream of having a child, you may consider becoming a surrogate mother. A gestational surrogate mother carries a baby to full term but has no genetic connection to the child. Surrogates often help those who cannot get pregnant, single intended parents, and same-sex couples build their families.
While becoming a surrogate can be an exciting and joyous experience, it can also be overwhelming. At Elevate Baby, we understand these feelings and do everything we can to give you a stress-free experience. Our compassionate team supports you every step of the way and uses their vast knowledge to keep you informed. With our trusted guidance, you can make confident decisions about your surrogacy journey with Elevate Baby.
Do You Meet the Requirements to Become a Surrogate in Connecticut?
While being emotionally committed to becoming a surrogate is a major step on your journey, you must also meet other physical and social requirements. These criteria include the following:
- Preferably between 21 and 40 years old
- Lives in Colorado
- Has a healthy body mass index
- Has given birth at least once
- Currently raising your own children
- No use of antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications for at least 12 months before surrogacy
- Does not smoke cigarettes or marijuana, vape, or do illegal drugs
- Does not abuse alcohol
- Financially stable
- Has a supportive partner or family
- Healthy reproductive history
- Willing to undergo a background check and psychological screening
During the pre-screening steps, we review these requirements and complete other steps, including an in-home assessment, medical exam, and psychologist appointments. This allows us to ensure you are fully prepared to become a surrogate and that our intended parents know they are being matched with qualified carriers.
What to Expect During Your Surrogacy Journey
Your journey as a surrogate can feel rewarding and fulfilling, but it may also have difficulties and complications. Fortunately, with our Elevate Baby team by your side, you do not have to go through it alone. We support you from start to finish, including the following steps:
- Application: Fill out and submit our surrogate application form.
- Consultation: We’ll arrange a time for you to meet with one of our surrogacy specialists who will walk you through the process.
- Onboarding: Elevate will fully handle all medical record collection and pre-match clearances.
- Matching: At Elevate your preferences come first. Matching is a unique process for each surrogate depending on her own expectations. You’ll have the opportunity to review an IP bio and also meet a prospective couple or individual prior to officially matching.
- Medical/Legal Clearance: Once you’re cleared to become pregnant, you start taking hormone medications to prepare your body for embryo implantation.
- Follow-up appointments: As you take the medication, we follow up with you to check the thickness of your uterine lining.
- Transfer: Once your body is ready, the embryos will be placed in your uterus.
- Ultrasound: About two weeks after the embryo transfer, pregnancy is officially confirmed with an ultrasound.
During these steps, our dedicated team provides consistent communication and support to answer all your questions and concerns. The intended parents are also involved so that you can form a special bond with them and create a birth plan together.
4 Benefits of Becoming a Surrogate in Colorado
Becoming a surrogate can be a life-changing experience, and women are drawn to it for many reasons. However, regardless of why you choose to start your surrogacy journey, the experience provides several benefits, including the following:
We take careful consideration when matching surrogates and intended parents, so the bond you form with your matched intended parents can be deep and special. Many intended parents want to be as involved in your surrogacy journey as possible, so they cheer you on and are there for you every step of the way.
Gestational carriers are generously compensated for their selfless act. When working with Elevate Baby, you can discuss your requests in a consultation with our team, as we believe you should be paid fairly for your commitment.
Covered Medical Care
Intended parents cover their surrogate’s pregnancy-related medical costs, often starting with the in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure and ending three to six months after the birth. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about paying for your own medical care during your surrogacy.
In addition to the connections and compensation you receive for being a surrogate, you also feel an immense sense of pride and empowerment, as it is one of the most generous acts you can do for someone.
Learn More About Becoming a Colorado Surrogate at Elevate Baby
Starting your surrogacy journey can be equally intimidating and gratifying, and you may not know where to begin. At Elevate Baby, we are here for you throughout your entire experience, from your first consultation to the embryo transfer and beyond. Our experienced team strives to alleviate your worries and make your surrogacy journey a happy one.
Elevate Baby is a renowned, top-notch surrogacy agency in Colorado that has worked with high-profile clients. We believe every surrogate’s journey should be joyful, so we take every measure to prioritize your health, safety, and comfort. Additionally, most of our staff has experience as an intended parent, donor, or surrogate, so we take an empathetic approach to every family building. To learn more about surrogacy and if it is right for you, please call us at (323) 933-8918 or fill out our contact form.
Whether you are interested in surrogacy or egg donation as an intended parent or potential donor, the process can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Begin your journey today!