If you are looking for a way to give back, help others, and feel fulfilled, egg donation is a great way to help intended parents achieve their dreams of building a family. Egg donation is a procedure that involves retrieving one woman’s eggs and donating them to intended parents who need them to have a child. These intended parents may include women struggling with infertility, male same-sex couples, or single people that need an egg donor to start their surrogacy journey.
When researching egg donation, you may become overwhelmed and need help figuring out where to start. Fortunately, you do not have to go through it alone. Our compassionate team at Elevate Donors is here to support you every step of the way and answer all your questions. We have provided concierge-level services to egg donors for years, so you can trust us to prioritize your health, safety, and comfort. With our open and honest communication, you can make confident and informed decisions about becoming an egg donor.
Who Qualifies to Become an Egg Donor?
While egg donation can be a fulfilling experience, you must qualify to go through with the procedure. The requirements to become an egg donor usually include the following:
- Must be between the ages of 19 and 29, but we may accept donors up to 31 years old
- Have a healthy body mass index
- Have a healthy family history with no more than one occurrence of the same cancer or heart disease under 55
- Be comfortable with giving themselves injections
- Have no hospitalizations for psychiatric reasons
You may not qualify to donate eggs if you fail to meet these requirements or have a history of drug use, including smoking and other recreational drugs. Additionally, if you have a history of infertility, or other genetic conditions, you may not be eligible for egg donation. We conduct thorough screenings before the procedure to ensure you are physically and emotionally prepared for the retrieval.
What Does the Egg Donor Journey Look Like?
Starting the egg donation journey can feel both daunting and exciting, as you may not know the details of what to expect. The experience may differ slightly depending on if the transfer is fresh or frozen. However, we typically follow the same steps when retrieving the eggs, which include the following:
- You give yourself hormone injections, which allow a large number of eggs to mature at once. When the eggs are mature, the retrieval will be scheduled.
- A highly-trained and experienced physician puts you under sedation and retrieves each egg with an ultrasound-guided needle.
- Once the eggs have been retrieved, an embryologist may fertilize them with the intended father’s sperm or donor sperm using a procedure called in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- When the embryo forms, it can either be frozen for later use, or immediately implanted into the mother or surrogate mother’s uterus.
4 Benefits of Becoming an Egg Donor With Elevate Donors
Egg donation is a priceless gift you can give to someone who has dreamed of building a family. This can be a rewarding experience that brings you joy and fulfillment. Other benefits of donating eggs include the following:
- Compensation: Due to the selfless commitment and life-changing gift egg donors provide, you receive generous compensation for your donation.
- Free medical care: All your medical expenses related to your egg donation are covered, so you don’t have to worry about paying out of pocket for them. At the same time you’ll be gaining valuable information about your own reproductive system that may be useful when planning your own family.
- Still have children: Contrary to what many may think, donating eggs does not impact your ability to have a family of your own or your future fertility. You can still have children after the procedure because we only retrieve a month’s worth of eggs.
- Connection: When becoming a donor, you make special connections with the intended parents you help.
Our dedicated team wants you to have the best experience possible, so we will listen to your story and review your medical history and other important information to ensure egg donation is right for you.
Begin Your Egg Donor Journey With Elevate Donors Today
If you are considering donating your eggs, it’s essential to understand the procedure and how it could impact your life. The journey can be a life-changing experience, but you should take the time to do your research and decide if it is the right fit for you. However, this can be challenging to do on your own, so our team at Elevate Donors is here to help you get started on your egg donation journey.
With years of experience working with celebrities and other high-profile clients, you can rely on us to provide the unmatched care and attention you deserve. We take an empathetic approach to egg donation, as most of our staff has gone through assisted reproduction as surrogates, donors, and intended parents. If you are interested in becoming an egg donor, call us at (323) 933-8918 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation today.
Whether you are interested in surrogacy or egg donation as an intended parent or potential donor, the process can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Begin your journey today!