YOU CHOOSE THE DONOR, WE DO THE REST.
Becoming an egg donor is one of the most generous and selfless gifts you can give to intended parents with the dream of building a family. Egg donors play an integral role in helping intended parents have a child. However, when considering egg donation, it’s important to ask questions and take the time to determine if it’s right for you. The experienced and trusted team at Elevate Donors can address your concerns and help you make an informed decision.
With years of experience in providing concierge-level services to all types of intended parents, you can rely on us to give you the best care possible. Most of our staff have experienced some type of assisted reproduction journey, which gives us a unique and empathetic perspective. Therefore, we strive to make your egg donation experience special and exciting. Our knowledgeable team communicates with you openly and honestly so you fully understand the journey and have the confidence to move forward.
What Are the Requirements for Becoming an Egg Donor in Connecticut?
Before becoming an egg donor in Connecticut, you must undergo our screening guidelines to determine if you meet the state’s requirements and ASRM rules. Some requirements for the donor include:
- Between 20 and 30 years old
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Have a healthy family history
- A non-smoker
- Does not take ADD or ADHD medication
- Have a healthy body mass index (BMI)
- Has a good antral follicle count (AFC)
- Comfortable with self-injections
- Passes a psychological exam
- Does not discriminate against non-traditional families
- Committed to the journey and making appointments
It can be challenging to determine if you meet these criteria on your own, so our Elevate Donors team is here to help run the necessary tests and answer your questions about any of the qualifications for egg donors.
What to Expect During Your Egg Donation Journey
When becoming an egg donor, we take certain steps to ensure egg donation is right for you and determine which intended parents would be a suitable match. These steps include the following:
Before any examinations, you will fill out a short online questionnaire that lets us know more about you and determine if you meet the egg donor qualifications. This form typically only takes a few minutes to complete.
Once we receive and review your application and decide to move forward with the journey, we will begin the rigorous screening aspects. We are committed to providing intended parents with high-quality donors, so we will conduct comprehensive evaluations of your physical and mental health. This includes blood work, a pelvic ultrasound, and genetic testing.
Matching With Intended Parents
After we ensure you meet all of Connecticut’s requirements and that egg donation is a good fit for you, we will build your egg donor profile with the hope of quickly matching you with intended parents.
Once matched, you will be evaluated by the intended parent’s IVF clinical team. This evaluation includes ultrasounds, blood draws, and urine samples. If you need to travel to this evaluation, all travel costs are covered.
The last step on your egg donation journey is the retrieval. Before the procedure, you will begin taking hormones that allow your body to produce multiple eggs in one cycle. Once the eggs are mature and your body is ready, we retrieve them to prepare them for fertilization.
4 Benefits of Donating Your Eggs With Elevate Donors
Every egg donor chooses to start their journey for different reasons. Therefore, it’s essential to consider the pros and cons of egg donation to make the right decision based on your own circumstances and what resonates with you. Some benefits of egg donation include the following:
- Compensation: While financial gain is not often the primary reason many women donate eggs, we believe in compensating donors generously for their selfless gift to intended parents.
- Rewarding: Donating eggs can be an empowering and rewarding experience because it is a way to make a real difference in someone’s life.
- Connection: For egg donors who do not want to be anonymous, Egg donation is an opportunity to develop a special bond with the intended parents we match you with.
- Free medical care: When donating eggs, you don’t need to worry about out-of-pocket expenses. All medical care related to your donation is covered, and can give valuable insight into your own reproductive system which may be useful when and if you ever decide to start your own family.
Our caring staff understands that no two egg donor journeys are the same, so we will help guide you through the entire journey so that you can make the best decision for yourself.
Begin Your Egg Donor Journey With the Trusted Team at Elevate Donors in Connecticut
Regardless of your reason for donating eggs, it is one of the greatest gifts you can give to intended parents with dreams to welcome a child into the world. However, it can be challenging to find a Connecticut egg donor agency you can trust to help you begin your journey. When working with the team at Elevate Donors in Connecticut, you can rest assured you are in the best hands.
Our founders, Kyle Dean Massey and Taylor Frey, have gone through their own assisted reproduction journey, so we are committed to creating an unmatched experience for egg donors and intended parents. To learn more about our services and egg donation, call (323) 933-8918 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation.
Whether you are interested in surrogacy or egg donation as an intended parent or potential donor, the process can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Begin your journey today!