As an intended parent, the choice to move forward with egg donation is a big step towards achieving your dream of building a family. While the egg donation journey is exciting, it is also important that you feel fully confident in your choice to move forward before you are matched with one of our qualified donors. When researching egg donation, it is common for intended parents to have some fears and concerns about the journey and whether it will be the right fit for them.
Elevate Donors is an egg donation agency that can help intended parents ease any fears they may have coming into the experience. It is of the utmost importance to Elevate that intended parents begin their journey with knowledge of the process to ensure the overall experience is as special and fulfilling as it should be.
Three of the Most Common Fears Intended Parents Have About Egg Donation
Although egg donation is an increasingly popular family planning option, the concept still comes with some misconceptions, many of which obscure the actual reality of the journey. Unfortunately, these misconceptions sometimes intimidate intended parents and prevent them from fully exploring egg donation as an option to help them build a family. Some of the most common fears intended parents have regarding egg donation are:
- Has the Donor Been Thoroughly Screened Prior to the Donation Cycle?: There are many requirements that egg donors must meet before they are able to be matched with intended parents. At Elevate Donors, all of the egg donors we work with are thoroughly screened prior to the matching process to ensure that our intended parents have the best chance at a successful egg donation journey.
- Will the Egg Donor Have a Legal Claim to Your Child?: The egg donor will sign a legal agreement where they will relinquish any parental rights to any offspring that may result from their donation.
- What if My Child has Questions about the Donor?: While some egg donors prefer to be anonymous, there are many donors who are happy to be known. Known donors allow intended parents to keep in contact with their donor after the donation. This may be helpful for ongoing medical history questions as well as possible future contact between your child and its genetic contributor. However, intended parents still have options for future contact with anonymous donors through services like the Donor Sibling Registry.
For any additional concerns you may have regarding the egg donation journey, contact our team at Elevate Donors. It is our goal to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible taking the first step with egg donation.
Factors You Should Consider Before Matching With an Egg Donor
Egg donation is a great avenue to help intended parents achieve their dream of building a family. However, before moving forward with the journey, you should consider the following factors to ensure that egg donation is the best fit for you and your goals:
- Finances: IVF treatments can be expensive, which is why we will work with intended parents to help them secure necessary financing. We are also able to work within most budgets.
- Transfer: Many women who use an egg donor want to carry the child themselves if possible. However, other intended parents, including single male and same-sex male couples, will require a surrogate to help them build their family. Having an expectation of the gestational and transfer period will help each set of intended parents determine if the timeline for the egg donation journey will work for their family.
- Timing: It’s important that intended parents realize that using fresh donor eggs can take at least three months due to the time it takes to medically evaluate the donor, complete the legal aspects, and plan and execute egg retrieval. For intended parents desiring faster timelines, Elevate does offer frozen eggs on select donors that allow immediate embryo creation.
To get more information about the egg donation journey and whether it is a good fit for you, contact our experienced egg donor team today.
Learn More About the Egg Donation Journey With Elevate Donors
Elevate Donors is an egg donor agency that helps intended parents looking to begin their egg donation journey. With years of experience serving high-profile and celebrity clients, we treat all intended parents with the same concierge-level service to ensure all their concerns are addressed before beginning their egg donation journeys. We will go above and beyond to make sure that you are happy with the egg donation journey.